Printer Config - Dev/2000 Reports Server

From: Charlie Hatton <hatton_at_dfdis.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 19:25:18 GMT

Hi -- can anyone tell me if I've missed something in the Dev2k documentation on this?:

I have a URL like the following:
http://my.machine.com/r30ows?server=repserver.world&report=sample.rdf& userid=<login/db info>&destype=cache&desformat=html

producing this error:

Developer/2000 Reports Server OWS Cartridge - Report Job has terminated with error.REP-3002: Error initializing printer. Please make sure a printer is installed

Re: the docs, I've set the repserver.world service up to run under the SYSTEM user. I granted SYSTEM 'print' priveleges on the default printer, and rebooted, but I still get the error. The sample.rdf report works fine in Developer/2000, and a test URL like:

http://my.machine.com/r30ows?

gives me the help page that I expect. Have I missed something? Thanks in advance for any help -- please post here or email me at hatton_at_dfdis.com. Thanks again!

    Charlie Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 21:25:18 CEST

Original text of this message