Re: Grid and Scroll in Dev2000

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Sep 1998 05:31:35 GMT

>Hi,
>Does any one know can Dev2k have Grid and Scrolling features in form?
>I know VB and PowerBuilder can do it when a table have too many columns
>need to be shown in one screen by using data window scrolling and grid
>layout.
>
>TIA.
Step 1. Create canvas 1 of type 'CONTENT' (default) Step 2. Create canvas 2 of type STACKED, with a horizontal scrollbar. On canvas 2, there are 6 dimension of interest, and I forget the precise names, but 2 describe the real (full) dimensions of the canvas, 2 describe the displayed dimensions, and 2 describe the placement of Canvas 2 on canvas 1.

As long as the fields in canvas 1 are not covered by those in canvas 2, both will displayed 'properly'.

Set both heights of canvas 2 to the same, and have it less than the heght of canvas 1 (Otherwise the scrollbars get real confusing)

Set the X + displayed width of canvas2 to be less than the width od canvas 1, and you can put a scroll bar for the block at the right edge of canvas 1.

Play with it a bit - it really works well.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 07:31:35 CEST

Original text of this message