Re: Question: how to specify database name?

From: <nordby_at_channelpoint.com>
Date: 1998/09/01

There is no problem using SQL*PLUS to create the database, I get around starting the DB nomount by using svrmgr to do the startup/nomount, then I use SQL*PLUS to create the database. The reason I use both is I parameterize database creation based on the system that is being installed, and SQL*PLUS gives me an easier way to use params than svrmgr does.

Jon