OCX, Forms 5.0

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:52:43 +0200

Hi.

I am trying to use an OCX under Forms 5.0.

I can make the demos run, the OCX is registered, i can even access some of the methods of the OCX, but the first "important" method does not work in a very strange way. I don't get an OLE-error (like if i use the right method on the wrong OCX), i get FRM-40735 / ORA 100504. Of course, the latter doesn't exist. And even stranger: If i omit all parameters to the method, it seems to work. Therefore i looked at the package the OLE-Import made up and found out that (for this method) all parameters where declared as olevar although the docs for the OCX state some to be "Strings", others should be "Variants".

My questions to this:

  • does anyone know the above error message ?
  • which datatypes "should" occurs in forms when the examples (in Visual Basis, i think) for the OCX use Variant/String ?
  • has anyone experience using OCXs via the Packages made by OLE-Importer ?

Thanks in advance

Arnold Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 18:52:43 CEST

Original text of this message