Upgrading Oracle

From: Carlos A. Gonzalez <carlos_a_gonzalez_at_us.dell.com>
Date: 1998/08/28

    Gentlemen:

    Please I need your help

   This is my problem

    Oracle Ver 7.3.3.5 running in a Sun machine under Solaris 2.5

    We have three instances running in the same machine

    We are in the process of moving those instances to another machine, same OS, same Oracle Ver.

    Two of the instances move right, the third one gives error ORA-201 and ORA-202    A brief History.

    Original version of Oracle was 7.2.3

    It was upgraded to 7.3.3 (new Software installed)

    Databases were also upgraded as follows by running the following scripts as SYS

   CAT7303.SQL (Migrates Oracle RDBMS from version 7.3.2 to 7.3.3)
   CATALOG.SQL (Creates data dictionary views)
   CATPROC.SQL (Runs all sql scripts for the procedural option)

    Later on a BUG patch had to be applied that required Oracle 7.3.3.5, so

    Software was upgraded to 7.3.3.5

    Bug Patch was applied

    The following scripts were also run, as per instructions.

    catalog.sql
    catproc.sql
    catexp.sql

    and everything was OK until we tried to relocate those instances.

   From the error number I suspect the database that is giving us problems did not run those scripts.

  I have two questions :

 Is it Ok to run the following scripts again and how. ?

   CAT7303.SQL (Migrates Oracle RDBMS from version 7.3.2 to 7.3.3)
   CATALOG.SQL (Creates data dictionary views)
   CATPROC.SQL (Runs all sql scripts for the procedural option)

Is there any way to look into the database dictionary or otherwise and find out at what level is running ?
Forget about doing a select from v$version, that alone is telling me about the software we are running with.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Carlos A. Gonzalez Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message