Problems activating F45RUNM under solaris

From: <quilpole_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:19:39 GMT

We are using a PC (running Windows NT Workstation 4.0) to connect to a Sun machine (solaris) using XWIN32 version 3.3, in order to execute Oracle Forms 4.5 runtime (f45runm).

When we try, we receive the messages FRM-91111 and FRM-10039, indicating that the forms runtime believes that we are attempting to execute in character mode, rather than windowing mode.

If we use a real x-terminal to login to the same solaris machine, we have no problems running the OracleForms runtime!

The question is, how does Oracle Forms Runtime query the system to determine whether it's running character mode or not? We have setup the DISPLAY variable to a suitable value (which we confirm with a ping), and know that the display protection is not an issue (using xhost +).

Anybody recognise these symptoms and have a solution?

Please respond to zzzrich_at_bellhow.com with any potential solutions (remove the 'zzz' from the front of the e-mail address above!).

Thank You.

Rich Woodland