FORMS Query Array Size

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:20:23 -0400

I have a FORMS app that returns about 200 rows for an average query. It only retrieves a single row at a time. I am trying to increase the arraysize so that I can retrieve 50 rows at a time. According to the documentation, I can set the 'Query Array Size' property to do just that. However, after setting it, I failed to notice any difference. When every record is stepped through, the status bar indicates that the system is "working...". There is also a very slight hesitation. There was absolutely no noticable difference in performance. I can only conclude that this variable had no effect. I ran a subsequent query that only retrieved 15 rows. I expected all of them to come back at once, but again, the system appears to be getting them one at a time. Is there any other variable that I must set? 'Query All Records' isn't an option. A fat finger could inadvertantly cause many thousands of rows to be dragged across the LAN. Does anyone have any experience with this?
--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"