SQL*PLUS Replacement... please?

From: Ari Gordon-Schlosberg <regs_at_neog.com>
Date: 1998/08/26

[Quoted] [Quoted] A relatively new user of Oracle 8.4 (on Solaris), coming in [Quoted] [Quoted] as a convert from MySql, I find SQL*PLUS to be very nasty; it's [Quoted] [Quoted] shell is terrible: no commandline editing, no history being the [Quoted] two biggest complaints that I have.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm wondering if

    [Quoted]
  1. There's just some configuration (environment or otherwise) that I need to do make this software that much easier to use

or
[Quoted] b) failing a), a piece of software (preferably freeware) that acts as a front-end to SQL*PLUS or replaces it entirely.

Ari Gordon-Schlosberg  Neoglyphics Media Corporation
Software Engineer      Champaign, IL