Re: DESCRIBE the entire database

From: Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com>
Date: 1998/08/26

[Quoted] Is it possible to modify table data directly in DBArtisan?

Malcolm Stevens (Malcolm.Stevens_at_fnbinvest.co.za.remove_nospam) wrote:
: DBArtisan from Embarcadero Technologies is good for describing an entire
: database.
:
: malcolm
:
: Joel R. Kallman wrote in message
: <35e8a4e1.3136099_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>...
: >On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:47:58 GMT, sysdev_at_adpsystems.mb.ca wrote:
: >
: >>Hello,
: >>
: >>When I studied databases in university,
: >>we used Sybase. There was a command in Sybase
: >>that would describe the entire database; show
: >>all the tables, their field structure, primary
: >>keys, foreign keys, and so on.
: >>
: >>Questions:
: >>
: >>What is this command in Sybase?
: >>
: >>Is there an equivilent command in Oracle?
: >>With Oracle's DESCRIBE,
: >>I can only describe tables and views.
: >>
: >
: >There is an *outstanding* book that has many SQL scripts for Oracle.
: >One of these is to generate the DDL for your entire database. This
: >book, from O'Reilly & Associates, is at:
: >
: >
: >http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156592438X/002-4176536-4756264
: >
: >>Regards,
: >>
: >>Rodger
: >>
: >>
: >>P.S. -
: >>My ISP is really bad with newsgroups.
: >>They post late, and delete early. Emails to:
: >>sysdev_at_adpsystems.mb.ca
: >>are greatly appreciated.
: >>
: >>-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
: >>http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum
: >
: >BTW, the previous posting that included the advice "sp_help" won't
: >work for Oracle. :)
: >Thanks!
: >
: >Joel
: >
: >Joel R. Kallman
: >Oracle Government, Education, & Health
: >Columbus, OH http://govt.us.oracle.com
: >jkallman_at_us.oracle.com http://www.oracle.com
: >
: >----
: >The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
: >and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.
:
: