Using a Sequence from a Form

From: Andrew D. Arenson <arenson_at_swan.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu>
Date: 25 Aug 1998 17:08:36 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am developing my first Oracle Form. I'm using an installation of D2K, with form4.5 and Oracle7.3 on a Solaris platform.

I have created a block. I would like to have new records in that block assigned a unique value out of a sequence.

My guess is that the way to achieve this is to place a trigger on the block to catch the event 'ON-INSERT'. I'm not sure, however, what pl/sql code to place in that trigger. I don't know what pl/sql code I'm replacing if I create a trigger for that event.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Andy

--
Andrew D. Arenson            | http://gc.bcm.tmc.edu:8088/cgi-bin/andy/andy
Baylor College of Medicine   | arenson_at_bcm.tmc.edu        (713)  H 520-7392