Re: DESCRIBE the entire database

From: <mfinn-eds_at_eds.com>
Date: 1998/08/25

I have never seen such a tool for Sybase. We built in-house tools with ksh and isql to describe/reverse engineer a database (into DDL) including data. If someone knows of a built in function or procedure, I'd love to know about it.

You could use sp_help, but you'll have to run it explicitly on each table. Also, if you are looking for DDL, it's not much good. Check out Ed Barlow's site at http://www.tiac.net/users/sqltech/ for some good sp's that do describing into DDL.

Mike