Re: Advanced DB properties in Forms 5.0?

From: <beansboy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:06:44 GMT

I *think* that the DML procedures are more for when you base a data block on a procedure -- at least that's where they're mentioned in Forms5 Help (see 'Creating a data block from a procedure that uses a table of records', under the 'Advanced' database directions - I can e-mail you a copy if you wish).

So far, I've been unable to make a data block work based on a procedure. I've searched quite extensively & have found nothing (well, there's an example very hidden on how to create a data block based on a ref cursor, but it doesn't help well enough).

I agree, too: Oracle's support website is slower for me (in San Francisco) than the Taiwanese motherboard manufacturers way over there. Viewing Oracle's website would make me run to another vendor if I was considering using their technology (if I didn't know better ;-).

If you find out, let me know!