Re: Diff. between OAS and OWAS

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:01:36 GMT

[Quoted] On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:47:26 GMT, burathoki_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Can somebody tell me the difference between Oracle Application Server
>(v4.0.4.3) and Oracle Web Application Server (3.0)? Specifically:
>
>Is OAS just a newer version of OWAS and do they perform similiar tasks -
>supporting middle application tier?

Oracle Application Server 4.0 is more than just a simple maintenance release to Oracle Web Application Server 3.0. Check out:

        http://www.oracle.com/products/asd/asdhome.html

for more information than you would ever want.

>Do OAS and OWAS replace other web servers completely (such as MS IIS) or work
>in conjunction with them?

OAS 4.0 supports up to Netscape Enterprise Server 3.51 and Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0.

>Thanks,
>Rabi.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 15:01:36 CEST

Original text of this message