OWAS and MIME-Types

From: Werner Rammer <w.rammer_at_lgsoft.at>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:52:26 +0200

Hello out there!

I am storing varions data (from jpegs to excel) in the database and want to download it to the browser.
If you load a file (from harddisk) like "mytab.xls" the browser notices the type of data and opens a excel-plugin (both Netscape and IE4.0), but if I download the data from Oracle the browsers donīt konw what to do with it.
Two questions:
[Quoted] Is it possible to somehow "mask" the "Filename" (the browser gets the procedures name and it would be quite stupid to create packages and procs with names like <xls> or <doc>....)? (maybe with http-header commands???)
[Quoted] I think the Oracle Webserver Listener has problems with MIME-Types that are not registered in the Mime-type configuration - is there a fix for it or do I have to reconfigure the Listener each time a new MIME-Type comes around? (I guess it is only a simple string in the http-header...)?

Thanks in advance,
Werner Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 13:52:26 CEST

Original text of this message