Problem OF SQL * LOADER WHEN INSERTING INTO MULTIPLE TABLES.

From: Sreenivas <knsvas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/08/24

Hi,

      In my flat file(Text file) I am having Header and data records in different lines.Header records are identified by H and data records are identified by D.
H records has to be inserted in the Header table and D records are inserted in the data table.

    Here I would like to say about my problem.There is a field Id in Header table.That Id
should be automatically insert into the Data table for those header tables.I used sequence .It is updating Header table properly .Only Problem is In data table it is updating all with the last record (Head) id.

Could you tell me If i use INTO TABLE1,Table 2 wheather it goes all at once or all header once and then all data next. NOTE : ALL my data is inserting correctly except ID.

Thanx for your help.
Bye
Srinivas Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message