Re: Help! Urgent! Database incredibly grown.

From: Madhu Cherukuri <madhu.cherukuri_at_xyz.net>
Date: 1998/08/24

Hi,

My guess is one of the users has been created without specifying default temporary tablespce parameter. This has caused to use system's tablespace as default temporary tablespace and that user was running some large queries (may be causing large sorts) wich has caused to grow that temporary segment

check the sys.dba_users

by checking default_tablespace and
temporary_tablespce values for all the users

You can identify from that query
what's the wrong

If you find any user having temporary_tablespace as SYSTEM, ypou need to issue the sql command alter user user_name temporary tablespe TEMP(whatever your temporary tablespace)

HTH Madhu Cherukuri