Re: Retrieving the user id

From: Marc Fleischeuers <Marc.Fleischeuers_at_kub.no-spam.nl>
Date: 1998/08/24

Michelle Warner <hrdbdy_at_sprynet.com> writes:

> I am running OWAS 3.0 and I'm trying to retrieve the user id after they
> have logged into the database via the OWAS. I have tried
> owa_util.get.cgi.env but that does not return the user id nor does
> owa_sec.get_user_id. Does anyone have any suggestions? Based on the
> documentation at least the latter of these function calls should work.
> Thanks much!

select user from dual; but the function you are probably looking for is owa_util.get_cgi_env("REMOTE_USER"); Use the procedure owa_util.print_cgi_env; to get a complete listing of all environment variables printed on the html page.

Marc

--
                     "Het hoeft nietsch te zijn, alsch het maer wat lijckt"
                                           Dutch proverb, late 20th century