SQL problem...

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1998/08/22

[Quoted] Hello all,

        I developed Forms4.5 application. It involves running SQL statements in SQL*Plus. The Forms permit the user to choose column value to be retrieved with different where cause. The Forms may generate over 80 statements as follows:

	select A, B from T where A = 'Test1';
	select A, B from T where A = 'Test2';
	select A, B from T where A = 'Test3';

select A, B from T where A = 'Test80'; The results of each statement is spooled to different files. I know
that if I use bind variable in the where cause, the processing is faster. So I want to create the cursor. However, I find two problems in my situation.
  1. How can I save the result of each statement in a text files? I don't want to use DBMS_PUTLINE since the rows retrieved may be over 100 in each statement. Moreover, the SQL statement may retrieve 50 columns in each statement.
  2. The columns to be retrieved may be different in the next processing. For example, the second processing may:
	select A, B, C from T where A = 'Test1';
	select A, B, C from T where A = 'Test2';
	select A, B, C from T where A = 'Test3';

select A, B,C from T where A = 'Test80'; How can I solve these problems?

Thanks,
JImmy Received on Sat Aug 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message