Re: CrystalReports Vs. Oracle Reports ?

From: <czetie_at_nospam.us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:54:05 -0700

Don Collins wrote:

> Depends.
>
> Crystal is much easier to use and can be picked up quicker and you can see
> results faster. If your reports are fairly basic then I'd go with Crystal.
> If you've got a lot of complexity at the database level (ie. calling
> functions, etc.) then you might be better off with Oracle reports (but I
> doubt it). I use both all the time but if have a choice I will use
> Crystal.

Don,

Which version of Reports are you familiar with? I thought we'd pretty much nailed the ease of use question with the latest release, but if there are still areas where you think Crystal beats us I'd be interested to here your comments. Received on Sat Aug 22 1998 - 00:54:05 CEST

Original text of this message