Re: forms locking message

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 20 Aug 1998 22:06:16 GMT

In article <6rh2s3$2k3$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <Prashant.r.joshi_at_usa.net> wrote:
> when i am locking the row it's giving the message of tries becouse
> the row is used by other user on other system by the time i only
> want to display my own message as that of forms own when i used
> on-message trigger or on-error trigger i am unable to do it pl. help
> me

The "Record is locked by another user" message cannot be trapped in an on-error or on-message trigger. But what you might try is to write your own locking SQL statement and code an exception message in the on-lock trigger for your block.

Something like this:
Declare
  dummy varchar2(1);
  cursor C is
    Select null from <base_table> where rowid = :blk.rowid       for update nowait;
begin
  open c; fetch c into dummy; close c;
exception when others then
  Message('RECORD IS LOCKED');
  raise form_trigger_failure;
end;

This is completely untested, so beware -- it might not work.

Steve Cosner Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 00:06:16 CEST

Original text of this message