Using Delphi 3.0 to create UIs ?

From: Jan Vissers <jtgvis_at_gironet.nl-nospam>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 23:43:19 +0200

Hi all,

We are evaluating the possibility of using Delphi (3.0) to create a new User Interface for our application. The application itself (serverside/databasestructure) can, and most likely will contain lots and lots of records. The number of users concurrently working on the data will also be relatively high (100+). We bought a set of components which support native Oracle interaction, which sits on top of SQL*Net (no BDE required). So far a short introduction of the situation.

I was wondering if anyone of you has experience in using Delphi (3.0) in such "high volume/large multi-user" environments and would care to share those experiences with me. Possible tips, tricks, pitfalls, pointers to documentation concerning this subject would be appreciated.

THX,
Jan Vissers.

PLEASE "cc" any replies to jvissers_at_orca.nl. Received on Thu Aug 20 1998 - 23:43:19 CEST

Original text of this message