Forms 4.5 & HP Unix 10.20 - Right Justified fields (Help)

From: Nigel Charlton <nigel-charlton_at_edscss.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:19:18 +0100

As I'm sure you know, there are many issues regarding problems with Right Justified fields in Forms (4.0 / 4.5 / 5?). One we are experiencing is:

Have many forms with such fields, on query of database, values are returned as expected. However, when you 'mouse click' in the field, the value disappears - Magic!!! We were running on HP Unix 10.10 and removed a patch applied to the X11 stuff, which corrected the problem.

Now we have moved to HP Unix 10.20 and are experiencing the same problem - but theres a whole new set of patches on the system which we are sifting through. One of the guys here remembers reading an item posted on this newsgroup referring to Forms and HP 10.20, but it seems to have been deleted.

So, has anyone out there had a similar problem, and more importantly a solution - as ORACLE says it works for them, but then we've all heard that one before!

                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE...
--
Nigel Charlton