Re: Help with VB 5 and OO4O to enable/disable roles

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:57:08 GMT

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:51:10 GMT, jackie_rice_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we're using VB 5 and OO4O to connect to an ORACLE 7 database. Our client
>wishes us to enable the user's roles when they log on, then check to ensure
>that the enabling was done successfully. Similarly, they want us to disable
>all the user's roles (except the default) when the log off.
>
>Anyone had any experience doing this with these tools?
>
>Please email jrice_at_shl.com if you have any suggestions.
>
>Thanx!

All you have to do is use the Database object's ExecuteSQL method and execute the SET ROLE statement. If the user does not have the role, a trappable error will occur.

Yout don't have to do anything when loggin off as only the user's default roles will be enabled whenever they first log in.

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address