Re: Forms Server on NT + Web on Unix:Possible?

From: <beansboy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/08/19

I've been trying to do the same thing; I've made some progress but it's not working yet.

Basically, you need to: * Sign the applet F50ALL.JAR, and transfer the public key to each client. YOu may find http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/security/index.html useful (or the links from it). * Set up the html, class library, and jar directory on your Unix box. * Write your html <EMBED> tag (or if you're adventerous, an <object> tag for the Java Plug-in from Sun) to connect to your forms server.

And here's the part which is perplexing me: * In the NT registry (read the release notes for Forms5), you need to specify a directory that is a) available to the webserver, and b) is pointed to using a registry entry and written to by the forms server. This is a temporary directory that is used by the forms server to kick out .jpeg files. Without it, things just don't work.

If you find a way to get around the last piece, let me know!