Re: Using fixed fonts in Forms 4.5 text item

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 15:25:34 GMT

In article <35D9264B.F77230A9_at_iil.intel.com>, Maoz Mussel <mmussel_at_iil.intel.com> wrote:
> A text item on Forms 4.5 use proportional fonts to display text,
> and not fixed fonts. Therefor, for example, the following lines:
> - lllllll
> - wwwwwww
> ... will be on different size on a text item, though it's have the
> same amount of characters. When using it on a multi-line item this
> behavior could be quit annoying.
>
> Is there a way to control this behavior, and force using a fixed
> font ?

Yes. Use the Courier font, which is a mono-spaced font. It is the only monospaced font available to Forms on a Windows client, and we have used it wherever character alignment is important on a form. We have several standard Visual Attributes with the Courier 8 font, so it becomes easy to assign this font to any field we need.

Regards,
Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 17:25:34 CEST

Original text of this message