Re: org id

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 20:35:02 +0200

>I have an form that is running under Oracle Apps. In my code, I need to
>determine what ORG_ID the user is currently pointing to.

Oracle Applications uses userenv( 'CLIENT_INFO' ) to determine the org_id. Try:

    select userenv( 'CLIENT_INFO' )
    into v_myOrgID
    from dual;

However, for Oracle Reports it is recommended to call an user exit in the before report trigger. This is needed to set client_info for you, even though the report is run by Applications. I guess something like that exists for forms as well.

By the way: you could set the parameter using

    dbms_application_info.set_client_info( v_myOrgID );

Arjan. Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 20:35:02 CEST

Original text of this message