OO4O C++ Class Library conflicts with ATL!

From: <gibian_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:52:55 GMT

I have an existing application using OO4O from VB. I now want to introduce some behavior that I can only implement in C++. The simplest way appears to be by implementing a small COM object in C++ that directly interfaces with OO4O and then passes an OO4O object over to the calling VB COM object.

I am attempting to implement a model of this behavior and have come across what appears to be a conflict between Oracle's OO4O class library and Microsoft's ATL. I have built a very simple C++ ATL DLL project which builds fine. My VB test program does a "CreateObject" on it with no problem. I now simply add an #include "oracl.h", to include the OO4O class library, and my test program fails with a "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."

Is there an inherent conflict between these two libraries? If so, what is the workaround? If not, can someone help me track my way through this?

TIA,
Marc S. Gibian