Re: Pro*C and fork()

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:55:49 +0200

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 9:11:53 +0200, Peter Koch wrote (in message <6r8l3p$mnj$1_at_news-hrz.uni-duisburg.de>):

> Now the problem is, that opening a second connection in the child - process
> seems to nterfere with connection of the parent - process.

Peter,

This is a bug I met in 7.3.4. I could work around it by introducing a grandchild that connected to the database. Without it the parent would die with 'end on file or communication channel'.

In my case I just started a ksh that started my real app, instead of replacing the child directly with the real app.

cheers,

Ronald.

--
Ronald