Is Oracle Web Server good or bad?

From: <yong_at_shell.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:23:47 GMT

I've administered Apache for UNIX for some time. Recently I started to use Oracle Web Application Server (3.0). About half of the time even a Hello World! type of stored procedure is not easy to bring up in browser. The listener is running fine as indicated by the blinking "RUNNING" on the listener administration page. (BTW the admin page is always immediately brought up in browser). The server error log files in the file system are not easy to read and too brief to help, unlike Apache. Any tips on debugging?

I wonder how many people are using this server. It's not mentioned at the server statistics at
http://www.netcraft.com/Survey/. Does anybody else find it hard to maintain? The book "Oracle Application Server Handbook" by Oracle Press is pretty good but still doesn't help much in reality. Any advice is appreciated.

Yong Huang
Email:yong_at_shell.com