Re: underline

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:14:05 +0100

Philip H. Sayles wrote:

> I would like to know how to underline a field in a concatenated
> column. I'm building a form and report in developer 2000 version 2.1 and
> 4.5. The style of the form is an APA format.
>
> Thanks,
> Philip Sayles
> COBIS Admin.

 You can't underline parts of a datafield. But you can use a trick. Define a text field with some contents and reference the data. Now tell the referenced data fields to be underlined.

Example:

First create the text field with the following content:

This is text is underlined: &F_1.

Don't forget the &
Now create a field F_1 referencing the desired data column (don't forget the repeating frame; the text field must also be inside this frame). Set the visible property to NO and the style to underline. Run the report. Done.

Marcel Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 15:14:05 CEST

Original text of this message