Re: IMPort Utility

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 16 Aug 1998 19:41:50 GMT

use COMMIT=Y option with the imp command ex imp uid/pwd file=xyz commit=y indexes=N) Also, turn off the index creation process using indexes=N with the imp command
Once the data is successfully imported,
you can create the indexes
It seems that the import is filling your log files very quickly so that it can not switch the logfile
try creating more log groups with bigger filesize these can be dropped later if you wish

HTH Madhu Cherukuri