A dumb Oracle Lite Question -but please help...

From: Keith Wain <horizon_at_gtnet.gov.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 19:46:55 +0100

Hi,
I have installed Oracle Lite 2.4.3.1.1 and Designer 2000 1.3.2 on a Win98 machine. Oracle Navigator works fine and shows me the default database as being "connected".
However, every combination of user name, password and connect string that I have tried on this machine, from SQL33 or Designer will not connect... I have tried sys with the Win95 install number, with change_on_install, system with manager, connect strings of none, 2:,ORCL, but nothing will connect me..

Just how do I get to talk to the Oracle Lite database?

Byt the way, I have got Oracle 7 and Designer working fine on an NT box... it is just the Win95/98 set up with Oracle Lite that I am having problems with. Lite came with Designer from Oracle, but there was no install manual for Lite - only desginer and developer manuals.

Many thanks

Keith Received on Sat Aug 15 1998 - 20:46:55 CEST

Original text of this message