Re: TUXEDO and Oracle

From: Haakon T Soenderland <haakonts_at_online.no>
Date: 1998/08/14

Elias wrote:

> My question about TUXEDO is :
>
> How could I from a client point of view access Oracle server
[Quoted] [Quoted] > without having the SQLNET layer installed on the client side ?.

You'll have to create a TUXEDO service that accesses Oracle from the Tuxedo Server. You can then use this service as any other Tuxedo service.

> The only layer installed on top of TCP/IP stack is the TUXEDO
> DLL.
>
> In fact what I'm trying to do from my NT3.51 workstation is :
> - first accessing a mainframe by using TUXEDO cals,
> - and in case of troubles with the mainframe database, I'll
> call Oracle database (just to pass some requests).

You can probably make the Tuxedo service do this "automatically" upon failure of the mainframe service.

Hope this helps,
Haakon
Core Technology AS
Oslo, Norway Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message