How to generate specified Random

From: Johnny Tjokro <tjokroj_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/08/14

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have ORACLE 7.3.3.4 that is sitting on UNIX The script that I am working on is :

Let say I have lists of doctor's names. Each list is group by the doctor specialty.
i.e. : Cancer, Plastic Surgery, Radiology, Dentist etc.

What I am trying to achieve is :
Let say I want to find a Dentist. And there are 2000 dentists on the list.
Therefore, the script should randomly pick one out of 2000. OR
I want to find a Radiologist. There are 300 radiologists on the list. Therefore, the script should randomly pick one out of 300.

Any help would be appreciated. Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message