Need help with creating packages

From: Mike Horlick <mhorlick_at_mtl.marconi.ca>
Date: 14 Aug 1998 17:04:26 GMT

Hello,

Been learning PL/SQL last few weeks. Created a file containing the following statements :

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE test_package AS  Procedure test_routine1;
 Procedure test_routine2;
END test_package;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY test_package AS  Procedure test_routine1 IS
   BEGIN
           NULL;
   END test_routine1;

  Procedure test_routine2 IS
   BEGIN
           NULL;
   END test_routine2;
END test_package;

In SQL*PLUS I execute the file and get :

[Quoted] [Quoted] Warning: Package created with compilation errors.

[Quoted] How do I found out what the error is (and BTW, if I lost the source for a package how could I find out its contents? What is the actual table the source is saved in?)

Thanks

Mike Horlick
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
mhorlick_at_mtl.marconi.ca Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 19:04:26 CEST

Original text of this message