Help! Multi-line prompts in Forms 5.0

From: Brian Grivna <brian_grivna_at_retek.com>
Date: 14 Aug 1998 16:43:20 GMT

[Quoted]         I'm trying to create a prompt (attached to a single display item), the text of which is set dynamically to the values two different variables, one on each line, i.e., I'd like my prompt to look like this:

         "[Variable 1]
          [Variable 2]"

Clearly this prompt must be set in PL/SQL code, rather than explicitly in the Property Palette (where one can insert text which contains a carriage return quite easily). But this prompt needs to be set with Set_Item_Property. The code I'm after will look like this:

	Set_Item_Property( [DI_text_field],
                                         PROMPT_TEXT,
                                         [Variable 1] ||  [??????]  ||
[Variable 2]);

where [??????] is a command to move to the next line/carriage return. My question is, then, does such a command EXIST? If so, what is it? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

        Brian Grivna (brian_grivna_at_retek.com) Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 18:43:20 CEST

Original text of this message