Can't put SELECT in formula column

From: csdi <csdi_at_netcom.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:33:26 -0400

[Quoted] Hi there,

[Quoted]     here is my problem, I want to caculate the age of members using the MONTHS_BETWEEN PL/SQL formula in a formula column but I can't run ANY select statement in the formula column it always gives me a 'Fatal PL/SQL error occured.' and the report aborts.
Here is my code, what am I doing wrong?

function CF_DEPENDANT_AGEFormula return Number is ret_var Number(5);
begin
  ret_var := 'Select MONTHS_BETWEEN (:BIRTH_DATE, :CURRENT_DATE) from dual;';
  return ret_var;
end;

Thanks in advance. Any help even on any Select statement would be great.

Guy :) Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 18:33:26 CEST

Original text of this message