Re: Forms 3.0 against Oracle 7.3

From: (wrong string) ín <aureliom_at_theglobe.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 14:18:55 +0200

Ease Automation wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been told that Forms 3.0 CAN be run against Oracle 7.3 (we're using
> SCO open Desktop, Oracle WGS). However, we didn't manage to do this until
> now. Does anyone
> have tips/tricks do do this?
>
> (We know that it is not supported by Oracle, but we need this until all
> software is
> converted)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hodae de Man
> Ease Automation (info_at_geenspamease.nl)
>
> (remove geenspam te respond to emailadres)

I think you can do it. I have read somewhere that you can install Oracle7 Server 7.3 in one Oracle home directory and SQL*Forms 3.0 ( from a pre-7.3 distribution ) in another Oracle home directory, all in one machine. Then you connect SQL*Forms to Oracle Server using the two-task interface.

Good luck

        Aurelio Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 14:18:55 CEST

Original text of this message