Threads vs. Process - OAS 3.0 PL/SQL Cartridge

From: lechkung <lechkungNONOSPAM_at_detroitedison.com>
Date: 1998/08/13

Here's something that Oracle Metalink forum didn't touch. So, let see if someone out there can handle it.

RDBMS Version: 7.3.2.3
Error Number (if applicable):
Operating System: NT 4.0/sp3
Product: OAS
Product Version: 3.0

What is the difference between the PL/SQL cartridges Threads and Processes?

I understand that for Processes the cartridge starts up a process for each connect (limited by
the Min & Max settings). This draws a lot of resources from NT. In Threads, I notice that a
process is started called WRBC.EXE and its VM size is dependent on the Min setting.

I think Threads is the best way to go; however, I would like the complete story before I decide upon what to use.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Lechkun
gpl :-)
lechkung<<nonospam>>_at_detroitedison.com lechkung<<nonospam>>_at_ieee.org Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message