Re: ODBC in Alpha NT

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:53:20 GMT

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:04:47 +0800, "Jeff Lee Wai-kit" <kit_at_inl.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote:

>I can't add a system dsn for oracle8 with the default ODBC driver (system
>error code 126 while starting up the setup routines) on alpha NT, while in a
>Intel NT it does work.
>Should I obtain an alpha version of the driver?

Yes...you need an NT/Alpha version of the driver. Intersolv also makes (for money) a very full-featured ODBC driver for Oracle8 that is available on NT/Intel, NT/Alpha, and a host of other platforms. Check out:

http://www.intersolv.com/datadirect/odbcdrivers/frameset_dd_odbc.html

>Thanks,
>
>Wai-kit

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 16:53:20 CEST

Original text of this message