Re: Unable to generate forms in Des2k v2.1

From: Frank Smith <franks59_at_mail.idt.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:12:51 -0400

I too have been havin EXACTLY this problem! I've been around and around with Oracle on this but it's not been resolved. I ordered trial versions of PO8, Enterprise 8, Dev2000 and Des2000.

Oracle told me flat out that Des2k will not work with PO8 because the database version (8.0.3) is not compatible - it needs 8.0.4 which in my case meant using Enterprise.

I installed Enterprise and Des2k After the Des2k installation, there was a meassage saying "In order to use all the functionality of Forms generator you need to install Dev2000 forms 5.0.6.8.0" I installed Dev2000 from the CD they sent me, however Forms was only v 5.0.5.something not 5.0.6.

[Quoted] Oracle never answered my question on whether "all the functionality" meant you could not generate forms, nor did they answer the question about the specific version needed. They also did not answer my speculation that perhaps the demo version was purposely crippled.

I have been trying to get this to work for almost two months without success. I have installed, re-installed many times. I have even wiped my drive, re-installed NT and SP3 and started over. Nothing helps.

Frank Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 13:12:51 CEST

Original text of this message