Re: Using Tabs

From: <igal_at_healthstreet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:52:56 GMT

In article <35D171C3.5280_at_mindspring.com>,   jenningse_at_mindspring.com wrote:
> I'm new to FORMS 5.0, and am interested in using Tabs on my Canvases.
> Can someone give me some background as to the relationship of the Tabs
> to each other? In particular, if I run a query from a standard
> boilerplate form and retrieve 10 rows, can I then go to another Tab,
> with the Form then displaying these 10 rows in a multi-row Table? Are
> the Tabs aware of the present values of each other, and can the same
> data be displayed two different ways (one per Tab) without re-executing
> the query?
>
> Thanks, Ed
> --
> jenningse_at_mindspring.com
>
> "The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN

Hello Ed, tab pages are just physical platforms on which forms are displayed, just like any other CANVAS. You can place items of the same form on different tab pages. To do what you described, you can create a multiple row form on one of the tab pages and add SYNCHRONIZED ITEMS (using "synchronize with item" property) to the same form but on a different tab page. The synchronized items can be set to display only one row. Hope this helps, Igal