Re: OO4O to DBGrid doesn't show records with dates

From: Dave Smith <SMITHDK2_at_boat.bt.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:10:06 +0100

Hi
I am also using VB5 as a front-end to an Oracle database, and noticed one or two odd happenings. The version of OO4O I am using is v2.2.1 so how do you upgrade to 2.2.2 is the first question? (presumably its a free upgrade or patch).

First, having retrieved an Oradynaset it appears sometimes I have to convert VARCHAR2 fields to a string to see them, and secondly if assigning the Oradynaset to an ORADC.Recordset, immediately after the assign the original Oradynaset is invalid ?

Sorry I can't answer your question but I'd like to know the answer.

Be intrested to hear from anyone else using VB5 , Oracle Objects and TrueDBgrid, as the Oracle objects bookmark seems to be incompatible with both VB and True Grids bookmark properties.

ATB
Dave