Personal Oracle 8.0.3 and D2K Problems

From: <dec98_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:10:17 GMT

Hi,

I've installed Personal Oracle 8.0.3 and Developer 2000 on my computer running Windows 98. After starting the database, I can run SQL Plus fine, and connect into the database (connect system/manager), but when running one of the Developer 2000 tools (like Reports Builder) and trying to connect to the database using the same username/password, it just hangs.

After browsing through the news items here, a few other people have had similar problems, but no definate answer has been posted. Has anyone solved this? I heard that the way to do it is to install Oracle 8.0.3, then D2K, then reinstall the patches that come with Personal Oracle. Can anyone verify this please.

Regards,
Daniel