Re: Problem with Date Format Mask

From: Todd Owers <toddo_at_gcr1.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:58:31 -0500

Don,

[Quoted] To be able to enter dates without delimiters and have the form automatically put them in, you will have to write code to do it. It's not a simple, easy thing to do.

The treatment of dates without delimiters is different in Forms 4.X than it was in SQL*Forms 3.0. The "Forms 4.5 Common Questions and Answers" document (found under Programs -> Developer 2000 for Win95-> Forms Q&A) explains the reason for this under section 14, "Upgrading From Previous Releases."

If you have access to the Oracle MetaLink web site, the following documents provide more detailed information, including code examples of a workaround:

Bulletin 11378961.61, "How to Manipulate a Date Without Delimiters in Forms 4"
Prob# 1010769.6, "(V4.X) Inputting Dates Without Delimiters Using Oracle Forms"
Prob# 1004682.6, "Date Incorrect if Entered Without Delimiters Into Format Mask in Forms 4.X"

Good luck,
Todd Owers