Re: Problems converting Froms 4.5 from 3.1 to NT

From: <lbarbour.pico_at_wisne.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:14:00 GMT

In article <6qnbuh$mse$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   tavino_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> We are converting forms 4.5 (v1.1) under Windows 3.1 to Forms 4.5 (v1.3 32
> bit) to Windows NT. We are having scores of problems. MOst of the
problems
> relate to navigation. Some of the other problems are Buttons vanishing,
> Truncation errors (e.g."Value too long...") If you have had any of these
> problems, please respond or send me an e-mail. Note: the new Forms were
> created by taking the old forms and creating FMT files (on win 3.1) and then
> converting them back to fmb's using Win NT.

We did the same thing but instead of creating the FMT files, we just left it in the binary format, compiled and it ran fine. Maybe try that. Also, make sure that no INI files or registry entries are conflicting. What used to be TK21_ICON in 16bit, is now TK23_ICON in 32bit. Check all that stuff.

HTH
LYALL BARBOUR -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 22:14:00 CEST

Original text of this message