Problem with Date Format Mask

From: Don Haney <hey_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:06:15 -0400

Greetings,

[Quoted] I am having trouble with a format mask on a date field. I'm using version 4.5 of Forms with the Developer 2000 interface. What I want is the user to enter a numerical date, such as '05121998', with the obvious format of MM/DD/YYYY and have the slashes supplied by the form. My current format mask is FMMM"/"DD"/"YYYY and I have tried many variations of this. When values are entered into the field and the user navigates out, the value becomes '05/21/0098'. If I tried a string of '07201998', I get a message that the date must be in the format of FMMM"/"DD"/"YYYY.

I have done this in Oracle before and know that it is possible. I had someone on another Oracle application try the format mask and it works as expected. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please reply by E-mail or post it here.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Don Haney Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 19:06:15 CEST

Original text of this message