New development for Y2K

From: Adrian G. Klingel <klingela_at_nt.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 06:45:09 -0400

Hello,

I'm getting ready to re-develop an existing application (SQL*ReportWriter 1.1, Oracle 7.1.6) to be Y2K compliant. My proposed toolset is:

Oracle 7.2.3 (so as to continue to allow SQL*Net 1 connections, as well as permit SQL*Net 2)

Oracle Developer/2000 1.6.1 for HP-UX (allegedly contains enhancements for DATE datatype, though I'm having trouble finding out exactly what those enhancements are)

HP-UX 10.2 (Y2K compliant when patches applied)

I've noticed some ambiguity in Oracle white papers concerning what releases allow use of the RR date format. I believe I am clear how it works. But I am surprised at the details I've got to provide in my forms in order to limit internal conversions.

Am I all set with my toolset listed above, and can anyone offer any additional pointers? I'll only be coding a few forms, most of the application going to involve Developer/2000 reports.

Thanks alot,
Adrian Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 12:45:09 CEST

Original text of this message