Oracle Discoverer 3.0 Performance

From: tiol_org <tiol_org_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 7 Aug 1998 05:58:13 GMT

I am now working with Oracle Discoverer 3.0 User Edition to prepare some queries. I found the speed is very low which took at least 10 minutes to retrieve a table with about 5000 rows into a Cross-Tab Detail worksheet.

I am thinking it may be the problem of insufficient memory and harddisk space of client machine (now just have 32MB RAM and 70MB free space)

Anybody knows the requirement of memory and harddisk space in order to have a better performance in running query ? Or is there any tuning can be done ?

Thanks & regards,

Betty Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 07:58:13 CEST

Original text of this message