Re: plsql error with ORACLE 7.1.6 to 7.3.3.6

From: (wrong string) ín <aureliom_at_theglobe.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 20:04:59 +0200

R.Duke wrote:

> I'm hoping you find out whether there is a patch, I have a problem
> related to incompatibilities on our server as well. I cannot even
> interpret basic pl/sql code from our SQLPlus client like
>
> declare
> begin
> null;
> end
> /

[Quoted] You have to check if PL/SQL is linked with SQL*Plus in your Oracle installation. When you open a SQL*Plus session, the following messages must appear :

SQL*Plus: Release 3...
Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation ...

Connected to:
Oracle7 Server Release 7...
PL/SQL Release 2...

SQL> If you don't see a line that begins with "PL/SQL..." then your SQL*Plus executable is not linked with PL/SQL and you cannot execute PL/SQL blocks.

Hope that this works Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 20:04:59 CEST

Original text of this message